This project was a full bathroom reno 0 – 100 doing every single detail. Took out the old vanity, & cabinets, lighting and mirror, flooring, fixtures, plumbing, wall tile, and tub.
Next, our plumbing contractor prepped the area; installed the new tub, toilet location was moved by a nudge, vanity sink location was also moved a bit and done.
Our electrician contract came in next after, we got him to wire in an extra line for a heated floor and updated plugs, light switch, etc and now we’re ready to cover up all the walls again with aqua board as specifically requested by this client.
Installed the kerdi on the shower walls and ditra heat membrane on the floor; heated coil, and scratch coated the floor. The way this floor was to be laid is a border with a herringbone pattern inside. We created 4×12 tiles out of 12×24 tiles and ran a stone accross every single piece to make them as close to factory edge as possible. This type of install is not cheap, it being such a small area, it is even more complicated; hence the cost of this floor install is very high. Note on the picture the attention to detail on the pattern.
Next we started working on the shower. This client specifically wanted tile on the bathroom walls as well so we had to make sure cabinet and counter top was in, in order to continue from the shower walls out to the rest of the bathroom. Our cabinet makers did an excellent job building it with Maple. Got it stained and lacre. Counter tops also turned out amazing with an under-mount sink. The shower walls were 4×8 subway tile with a herringbone pattern marble inside the niche area that bleed from edge to edge of the shower walls.
All black trim throughout the bathroom including tile edge trim, cabinet handles, shower towel rack, shower rod, shower tub spout and shower head, vanity faucet, and door knob.
Once all got tiled, we grouted it all with Custom Prism grout and did all finishing touches. Painted the bathroom, mounted all fixtures, lighting, mirror, toilet, and installed the thermostat for heated floor. All cover plates went back on and ready to be used.